Internet is rampant nowadays, that even shopping can also be done online.
According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_shopping, Online shopping is a form of electronic commerce which allows consumers to directly buy goods or services from a seller over the Internet using a web browser. Consumers find a product of interest by visiting the website of the retailer directly or by searching among alternative vendors using a shopping search engine, which displays the same product’s availability and pricing at different e-retailers. As of 2016, customers can shop online using a range of different computers and devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablet computers and smartphones.
An online shop evokes the physical analogy of buying products or services at a regular “bricks-and-mortar”retailer or shopping center; the process is called business-to-consumer (B2C) online shopping. When an online store is set up to enable businesses to buy from another businesses, the process is called business-to-business (B2B) online shopping. A typical online store enables the customer to browse the firm’s range of products and services, view photos or images of the products, along with information about the product specifications, features and prices.
Online stores typically enable shoppers to use “search” features to find specific models, brands or items. Online customers must have access to the Internet and a valid method of payment in order to complete a transaction, such as a credit card, an Interac-enabled debit card, or a service such as PayPal. For physical products (e.g., paperback books or clothes), the e-tailer ships the products to the customer; for digital products, such as digital audio files of songs or software, the e-tailer typically sends the file to the customer over the Internet. The largest of these online retailing corporations are Alibaba, Amazon.com, and eBay.
What makes shopping over the internet convenient and the otherwise?
There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages when it comes to shopping online. The following are some of them:
- Online shopping saves time and energy. With just only a couple of clicks in your mobile or pc’s, you can already purchase something that you badly wanted or needed. It also saves you from waiting in lines in payment of your purchase. It also saves your energy from transferring in one location to another just to find the item you want to buy.
- Comparison of Prices. The advanced innovation of search engine allows you to easily check prices and compare with just a few clicks. It is very straightforward to conduct price comparisons from one online shopping website to another. This gives you the freedom to determine which online store offers the most affordable item you are going to buy. (http://www.ebay.com/gds/Advantages-of-Online-Shopping-and-its-Disadvantages-/10000000177896151/g.html)
- Personally Check the Item. you are one of those shoppers who want to touch, see, and test the product personally, at online shopping, you are not able to do so. Online stores are only showing product description and photos of the merchandise, which can be a disadvantage for many online shoppers.
- Diminished Instant Satisfaction. Unlike buying at retail stores, you are able to use the product instantly after you buy it, which can be satisfying. However, online shopping requires patience to wait for the item to arrive at your door step about 2 to 3 days or even longer depending on the location you’ve ordered it from.
- Some of the online shoppers are scam. One of the disadvantages of online shopping is the credibility of the seller. You are not aware if the seller is legit or not, but you only just rely on your hope that he/she is. Same is true when it comes to the items you bought.
Since online shopping offers advantages and disadvantages, we should first consider what to buy or not.